BRAE is a subsidiary of Watts Water Technologies, Inc. (Watts)
Last modified: January 16, 2014
Watts Water Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and companies (collectively "Watts", "we", "our" or "us") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites ("Websites") in North American, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. Our Websites in North American are managed by Watts Marketing Communications – Americas from our corporate headquarters in North Andover, Massachusetts.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications, if any, you might download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications, if any, on third-party Websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites, make any purchases through our Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites, if any, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites and mobile and desktop applications, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, company, job title ("Personal Information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the sites, or use our mobile and desktop applications. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites.
- Information that you provide when using our mobile and desktop applications.
- In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Details of your use of our mobile and desktop applications.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. We currently do not use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. However, certain features of our Websites may eventually use Flash cookies. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Flash cookies can be disabled through the Adobe Flash Player Settings manager.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Watts, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Websites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Websites content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- For the purpose of employment consideration if you have submitted a job application or inquiry.
- To present our Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, if any, on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Such information will be maintained by Watts for a period that is reasonably necessary for the purposes collected.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Websites, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Watts, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Watts. If you wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Watts to promote our products or services, you can "opt-in" by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the contact form/order form/registration form), if any, on our Websites. You may "opt-out" at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, whenever we contact you via email, we will provide instructions on how to unsubscribe, or opt-out, so that you will not receive any future emails.
Your California Privacy Rights and Our Do Not Track Notice
Watts does not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
No third parties engaging in online behavioral tracking collect personally identifiable information related to your online activities "over time and across different web sites" through any of our websites or online services.
California permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Anti-Spam Law and Email Opt-Outs
When you submit an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services at any of Watts' websites, use our mobile and desktop applications, or otherwise request information, you provide prior express consent for Watts to send you "commercial electronic messages" (CEMs), which includes text messages, e-mail messages, etc. You may thereafter opt-out of receiving further CEMs by unsubscribing using instructions contained in the CEMs or by sending an e-mail stating your request to opt-out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Payment transactions, if any, will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Any Personally Information you provide to Watts when submitting an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services at any of Watts' websites, or using our mobile and desktop applications, is maintained and accessible only by Watts' employees and authorized sales representatives who we believe reasonable need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs, unless specifically stated otherwise.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
Our Websites are hosted in the United States and Canada and are intended for United States and Canadian visitors. If you are accessing our Websites from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. and Canadian laws, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and/or Canada and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
815 Chestnut St.
North Andover, MA
Tel: (978)688-1811 Fax: (978)794-1848
Thank you for visiting our Websites.